Overall Description of Shumar RB Double Roll Crusher
In this section, we have listed some basic facts and features about our product.
- All Shumar Crushers have two machined rolls to which the crusher segments are bolted.
- Each roll is generally fitted with six crusher segments. Some large roll diameter primary crushers do have more segments per drum.
- Manganese steel segments are used in all primary and most secondary crushing applications. All segments are hand ground to master a drum for proper seating.
- One roll is fixed while the loose roll is spring loaded to minimize shock loads and damage to the crusher during a stall, resulting from non-crushable material, mostly tramp steel, being fed to the crusher.
- The loose roll position can be adjusted using the adjusting spindles when product size needs to be altered or fine tuned or when adjustment is required to compensate for wear.
- The loose roll bearings slide on the crusher main frame and are guided at the bottom by a wearing strip fixed to the main frame and at the top by a separate top guide arm.
- Phosphor bronze and steel wearing strips are provided for all sliding surfaces.
- The bearings are spherical roller bearings and are sealed by a taconite type labyrinth seal. To protect the seals, the loose bearing housings are designed to pivot in the event of the roll kicking out.
- The lower hood is a permanent part of the frame. The outlet chute is fitted to this section of the hood. The crusher has hood seals on the hood sides, which makes the crushing chamber sealed to prevent dust escaping.
- The crusher is supplied with a V-belt drive, a guard and a drivestand. A pair of geared motors drive each roll independently. Both drives are situated on the same site to make the crusher more compact.
- An optional extended frame can be supplied so that the crusher can be removed with its complete drive.
- Usually purchased with the extended frame option, is a set of rollout wheels used to roll the crusher out to a maintenance area. The rollout wheels are hydraulically extended to lift the crusher off the rails.
- The segments fitted to each crusher are carefully chosen to suit the custumers needs. However, should the need arise, special segments can be designed to suit that particular application.